We are committed to providing you with the best legal service possible and hope that there is no cause for complaint. However, in the unlikely event that you feel that something has gone wrong and you become unhappy with the service that we provide, please tell us immediately. We will endeavour to rectify this situation and resolve the problem.
Our complaint’s procedure
If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details. Please write to the partner whose details were provided in the care letter sent to you.
What will happen next?
1. We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three working days, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
2. We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to the senior partner in the department responsible for your file, who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
3. They will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter. Alternatively, they may invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint.
4. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for another senior partner to review the decision.
5. We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
If we cannot resolve your complaint
Although we hope that we can resolve your complaint, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman if you are still unhappy. They will look at your complaint independently and will act impartially. Before they investigate your complaint, they will check that you have tried to resolve the issue with ourselves first. You can take your case to them:
1. Within six months of receiving our final response and
2. No more than six years from the date of act/omission; or
3. No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.
Contact details for the Legal Ombudsman:
More information about the Legal Ombudsman can be found at:
Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ
Telephone – 0300 555 0333 between 9am to 5pm
Email – email@example.com
Contact details for the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA):
If you have concerns about our professional conduct in relation to how we have treated you can also contact the Solicitors Regulation Authority at:
Solicitors Regulation Authority, The Cube, 199 Wharfside Street, Birmingham, B1 1RN
Telephone – 0370 606 2555 (call charges may apply)
8am-6pm – Monday,Wednesday, Thursday & Friday)
9.30am – 6pm Tuesdays